Lettered Eggs

 1
This was simple and fun to do.
2
I started with the basic paper mache egg.  ($0.80 at Hobby Lobby)  I painted it Robin’s egg blue.  Tutorial here.
3
I painted some plain terra cotta pots a verdigris finish.  Inside the top rim, I added a thick line of hot glue and immediately stuck some moss on it.
4
I set the eggs on top while the glue was setting.
5
I tied black and white gingham fabric around the top and into a bow.
7
The scalloped circles are actually bolos (don’t laugh!), the old-school western kind.  I glued some chip-board letters on top to disguise them.
6
The bunny silhouettes were another thrift store find.
8
The lanterns are filled with painted chocolate bunnies,
10
painted eggs, and toile wrapped votives.
11

Comments

trabajo maestro said…
What a great idea, I'll have to try it with other shapes too. And I must say, am totally jealous of that bunny silhouette!

Popular Posts